Factors of everyday life can put an abundant strain on a relationship. Severe stressors may include resentment, infidelity, intimacy issues, lack of trust, and miscommunication. When problems go unresolved, or a partner is suffering from mental illness or health complications, one can feel helpless or have feelings of guilt or shame. Communicating effectively on both parts can alleviate emotional anxiety from subjects of all kind.
Couples often seek couples or marriage counseling when the relationship is at a standstill, or if they are unsure whether or not the relationship is worth salvaging. This type of therapy can benefit families with children who have been affected by relationship issues such as divorce, and confront the source of the conflict.
Treatment techniques I may use:
- Gottman Method
- Emotionally Focused Therapy
- Positive Psychology
- Biblical Integration upon request
- Analyzing Your Communication
- Getting to the root of the problem
- Enhancing Intimacy
- Individual Counseling
- When a relationship is showing signs of addiction, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and/or severe depression, seek guidance from a counselor immediately, for your safety and the safety of your partner.
If you are struggling with issues in your relationship or marriage, or you just want to work on the relationship, Sydney Isley can help! You can reach her by calling 909-907-4236.